Strathbogie Goat is focused on the highest standards of hygiene in the preparation of our product. This commences on farm, the day the animal is born by:
- Minimum use of chemical treatments during their lifetime, by monitoring health via non-invasive testing (Faecal Egg Counts (FEC)) and other assessment methods. This makes sure we only use safe animal husbandry applications when needed and not on a routine basis.
- Our animals are transported comfortably and cleanly to arrive in the best possible condition.
Carcass handling is paramount in producing a quality product.
- Our meat is delivered direct to our local Prime Safe accredited butcher.
- Processing is undertaken by skilled and experienced staff
- All product is cryovac packaged in a local Prime Safe accredited premise
Product storage – the quality maintenance and shelf life
- Strathbogie Goat has invested in a Commercial freezer for the storage of product.
- Product is normally frozen the day it is packaged.
- A commercial freezer works very differently to a domestic freezer. Product is frozen to -19 degrees Celsius within 90 minutes.
- This is a enough time to obtain micro-crystallization, keeping all the qualities of the food whole. After defrosting, there will be minimal loss of liquid, firmness or flavour.